Wind Turbine Technician - US
A traveling wind turbine technician will work nationwide alongside a team of well-trained professionals to maintain facilities surrounding wind turbines and maintain the turbines themselves. A part of this role will include basic cleaning and maintenance on the site surrounding the wind turbines. Therefore, a high level of attention to safety regulations and the industry is important for overall safety on the job.
*** Sign on bonus of up to $2,500 based on training certificates and experience***
- Build and install wind turbines per standard operating procedures
- Commission and/or trouble shoot wind turbines
- Perform maintenance work such as repower, torque/tension, cleaning
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and understand mechanical drawings; able to follow and amend standard work procedures for turbine installation
- Execution of required WTG work (preassembly, installation, service & maintenance, etc.)
- Practical knowledge required in mechanics (gears, bearings, pulleys, belts, etc.), pneumatics and hydraulics in order to effectively troubleshoot equipment problems in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Proficient operation and use of tools (power, hydraulic, diagnostic and specialized)
- Perform all work following GWS safety protocols and procedures and wearing appropriate PPE
- Attending site induction and other requested site meetings held by the client or GWS
- Work according to the safety regulations
- Reporting all near-miss accidents, incidents, and accidents immediately to the Site Manager
- Participating in training and education, as required by the Site Manager or the client
- Use all working equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Perform required maintenance of all tools and equipment on site
- Keep work place neat and orderly to prevent accidents and inefficiencies
- Meet weekly reporting deadlines of work hours, work progress reports and travel reports
- Flexibility to travel extensively and work in varying and adverse weather conditions
- Flexibility to work overtime hours on weekly basis including nights and weekends
We strongly believe that securing a good customer experience lies in the hands of the people behind the company!